Welcome to the Adirondack Center for Writing submissions page!
- PoemVillage 2019 submissions close March 22, 2019
- Anne LaBastille Memorial Writers Residency submissions open annually on April 15
Prepping Your Application for the Anne LaBastille Memorial Writers Residency
- Prepare to send up to 10 pages of manuscript, or a .pdf. Please use Arial, 12 sized font with 1.5 spacing if possible.
- Remove your name from ALL materials (except cover letter and references, if included). In order to remain unbiased, we will be forced to disregard any submissions that include your name.
- Do you live at least part time in the region of the Adirondack Park? If so, please submit under the Adirondack Region category. If not, please use the Out of Town category instead.
ELIGIBILITY. The residency will be open to 6 writers every year, with three spaces for writers from the region, and three from elsewhere. We accept writers in any genre.
APPLICATION DEADLINE and NOTIFICATION. Applications will be accepted through our online submission form between April 15. Late applications will not be considered.
FEES. Application fee: $25. The entire two-week residency is free for selected applicants.
REFERENCES. We don’t request references, but allow submission of up to two. References are completely optional.
1. Deadline: March 22, 2019
2. You may submit 1-3 poems. You will copy/paste your poems into the form below.
3. Poems must be within 300 words and 25 lines, those too long will not be printed.
4. Please ensure that you have the rights to offer this poem for publication. This poem must be your own work.
Questions? Contact Baylee Annis at the Adirondack Center for Writing
If you do not use a computer, we will accept typed poems. Please only use this option if it is absolutely impossible for you to submit online. Please send to:
Adirondack Center for Writing
P.O. Box 956
Saranac Lake, New York 12983
- Spencer Boatworks
- Adirondack Health
- Geomatics Land Surveying
- LOCALadk Magazine
- North Country Community College
- Planned Parenthood of North Country, NY
Special thanks to our amazing sponsors for their generous support of PoemVillage and their communities.