Adirondack Center for Writing
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
2022 Anne LaBastille Memorial Writers Residency
A free, two-week writing residency. Indoor and outdoor writing spaces, meals served family-style, and fireside conversations at a lakeside lodge in the Adirondack mountains of upstate New York.
- Applications open: April 15 - May 15
- Decision Announcement: July
- Residency: Sunday, September 25 - Sunday, October 9
- Cover Letter: Include a brief bio and a work plan for the residency. Copy and paste the text into the space provided (do not attach).
- Writing Sample: Please send up to 10 manuscript pages of your best writing in the genre you will be writing in at the residency. Prose: 10 pages max. Poetry: 10 poems max. NOTE: Make sure your name is removed from manuscript file names or anywhere else on the material (except cover letter). In order to remain unbiased, we will be forced to disregard any submissions that include your name.
- Application Fee: $30.00.
Please note: The Lodge at Twitchell Lake provides an abundance of physical space, and each resident has their own bedroom and bathroom. There are dozens of writing spaces around in and around the property. Internet access is available, but limited (email, OK; streaming, NO)
Requirements: Proof of vaccination is required for selected residents. Selected residents who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons will be required to provide proof of negative test upon arrival to the lodge and will contact ACW to ensure proper protocols are maintained and residents can enjoy the residency safely! Please reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.